Essential Precalculus: A Self-Teaching Guide
This no-nonsense guide provides students and self-learners with a clear and readable study of the most important ideas of precalculus mathematics. Tim Hill’s distraction-free approach combines decades of tutoring experience with the proven methods of his Russian math teachers. The result: learn in a few weeks what conventional schools stretch into months.
- Teaches general principles that can be applied to a wide variety of problems.
- Avoids the mindless and excessive routine computations that characterize conventional textbooks.
- Treats the subject as a logically coherent discipline, not as a disjointed collection of techniques.
- Restores proofs to their proper place to remove doubt, convey insight, and encourage precise logical thinking.
- Omits digressions, excessive formalities, and repetitive exercises.
- Provides exceptional preparation for a calculus course.
- Includes problems (with all solutions) that extend your knowledge rather than merely reinforce it.
1. The Real Line and Coordinate Plane
2. Straight Lines
3. Circles and Parabolas
Amazon paperback (US, CA, UK, AU, DE)
Amazon Kindle (US, CA, UK, AU, DE)
Apple Books (US, CA, UK, AU, DE)
Barnes & Noble Nook